1. Check your telephone line , Pick up a telephone handset that is plugged into the same line as the router and check for a dial tone:
- If the line is noisy or you can't hear a dial tone: Report the problem to DV02.
- If the line sounds clear and I can hear a dial tone: proceed to the next step.
2. Check that your microfilters are fitted correctly
Microfilters are used to separate the broadband and telephone signals on your line, Anything connected to your line needs to pass through a microfilter.
- If you're happy that your microfilters are fitted correctly and you're still having problems: proceed to the next step.
3. Connect your broadband to the master socket
You should find the master socket close to the point where the telephone line enters your property.
- Unplug everything from your line (including set-top boxes, other telephones and all microfilters) and connect your router to the master socket through one microfilter.
- This has fixed the problem: Either your extension wiring or something connected to your line is causing the problem. Find out which by checking after plugging each piece of equipment back in. If there's still a problem: proceed to the next step.
There's still a problem: proceed to the next step.
4. Try a different router
- If you can, try a different router on your line and configure the router, If you need help performing this please contact the support team.
This has fixed the problem: Your current router is faulty and needs replacing, if not Your current router is fine, please contact the support team.