The following steps remove all service books from the handset:
1. Go into the main menu
2. Scroll to the Options icon (Spanner symbol)
3. In here scroll to Advanced Options and select
4. In Advanced Options scroll down to Service Books and select
5. This will produce a long list, of which you need to delete all of them apart from one title ‘Provisioning’ which you should not be able to delete.
6. Once you have deleted them, use the back arrow key to go back out into the Advanced Options
7. Menu and scroll to Host Routing Table.
8. In here press the Blackberry button and select Register now.
This will force the phone to download the service books.
Generally this is only needed if the user is running BlackBerry Desktop Redirector service.