We always recommend monitoring your data usage when you’re in the UK, or abroad so you aren’t hit by a massive, unexpected data charge at the end of the month. On most Android devices you can use the built in data usage settings to monitor usage, set alerts when you are close to using your bundle and can also cap the data usage. To use this feature, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings > Data Usage
2. Select the dates next to Data usage cycle and press Change cycle… set this to match the start data
of your monthly plan.
3. Optional – check the option Set mobile data limit (or Limit mobile data usage on some phones) to allow the option to set a data cap. When you check this option, a red bar will appear on the graph. Move this bar up or down to the limit you would like to set.
4. Move the orange bar up or down to set the data usage alert.
5. If you scroll down on this page, you will see how much data each app has used. By clicking on an app from this screen, you can see usage specifically for that app and also restrict background data for.