You will need to retrieve your contacts from your Android device first. To do so, make sure your SIM is in the Android phone and follow these steps:
Note: Screenshots may vary.
1. From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
2. Touch Settings.
3. Touch Accounts & Sync (If you do not see Accounts & Sync, skip to step 4).
4. Touch Add account.
5. Select Google as the type of account to add.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to configure your account. Be sure to selects Contacts as an item to synchronize.
7. When complete, the account is added to the list in the Accounts & Sync section and data begins synchronizing to your device.